Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Today I'm going to start work on the old blogger standby, 100 THINGS ABOUT ME. Bear with me as I break it up during the day (although I am a lame-duck employee, they are still paying me; my moral compass just doesn't swing too far the other way).

  1. I joined the Army when I was 19.
  2. I did it for three noble reasons: to annoy my parents, pay for college and serve my country.
  3. I've found out through my own experimentations that love for peanut butter is contagious.
  4. I have a dog named after a WWII tank commander, Gen. Abrams (we call him Abe).
  5. When I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, I cried for two days straight because I couldn't get a hold of my husband (I was stationed in Korea, he had flown home).
  6. I love candy corn mixed with peanuts.
  7. I keep my toenails painted bright red at all times, but my fingernails can go to hell in a handbasket for all I care.
  8. I nursed my son for 11 months, and enjoyed every second.
  9. I'm tall, but not too tall.
  10. I've lost 25 pounds since Jan. 3 using Body for Life.
  11. I won't buy a size 8 pants, even though they fit, because I'm afraid I'll gain some of the weight back.
  12. My combat boots are still the most comfortable shoes I own.
  13. I think Sheen from Jimmy Neutron is funny.
  14. My parents have moved more than six times in the past three years, because my dad was out of a job.
  15. My mom had an abortion before she had me.
  16. My younger brother works at a recording studio in New York, and gets to meet lots of famous people. For Christmas, he gave us a photo of him posing with Bill Clinton.
  17. My husband was a tanker in the Army.
  18. I met my husband in my dorm at college, not in the Army.
  19. I'm not going to list my favorite movies because I'm afraid they aren't cool enough for the blogosphere.
  20. Okay, here they are: About Love, Bull Durham, Jaws, Caddyshack.
  21. Tony Bennett's "Playing with my Friends" is in the CD player in my car. It relaxes me.
  22. I listen to country music because I love to sing along with the radio, and country is the best format.
  23. I am usually an atheist, though sometimes I'm agnostic. Either way, it doesn't really matter. I don't know, and neither do you.
  24. Although I'm an atheist, I should go to church more often, and bring my kids.
  25. Sometimes I pray, even though I firmly believe it does no good. Sometimes I just don't know what else to do.
  26. I hate it when country artists mention their religion in their songs.
  27. I'm a Democrat, though I'd vote for John McCain if he ran for president.
  28. My daughter has bright blue eyes. Mine are dark brown (I mean DARK brown -- a junior high boyfriend once called them "chestnutty").
  29. I named my son Jack, despite the fact that my name is Jill. I figure it will give him something more to defend when he reaches tusslin' age.
  30. The most my bank account ever has in it is $1200, and that's right after both me and my husband get paid. Usually it's more like $200. Today, it's -$93.35. *SIGH*
  31. We are house poor.
  32. I pay all my bills online, and have for years.
  33. My boss and I interviewed for the same two jobs.
  34. In 1994, I went to see Paul McCartney the night before my SATs.
  35. I graduated from a high school that was designed by the same architect who designed the Jackson State Prison. The prison had about 10 times more windows.
  36. I was the Features Editor for my high school newspaper.
  37. I once stole a canister of Mocha Almond creamer from work. It's the only thing I've stolen since I was four (unless you count the hours I've wasted surfing the Internet -- but I don't).
  38. In 2002 I won a trip to LA to see the Latin Grammys through an insurance company's website.
  39. I don't know how to play checkers.
  40. Caramel Delites are my favorite Girl Scout Cookie.
  41. I track how many calories I eat every day.
  42. I store pancake syrup in the cupboard.
  43. Sometimes I suspect my daughter was switched at birth.
  44. My husband's mom slept around for years on his dad. They finally divorced when his sister was a senior in high school.
  45. My husband's sister is only his half sister -- shhh, everyone knows but her.
  46. My husband's sister had a baby in November, and her husband is not the father. Everyone knows but the baby. Fate rears it's ugly head!
  47. For some reason, I want to tell complete strangers this story. It's so fu*%ed up!
  48. I badly want an MP3 player.
  49. I drive a very small car, because it's all we can afford.
  50. Joe drives a very large (albeit sh!tty) truck, because it's all we can afford.
  51. My six-year-old doesn't know how to ride a bicycle.
  52. I let my baby eat tons of Cheerios, because it keeps him from screeching while I make dinner.
  53. I want a bathroom sink with counters.
  54. Mushrooms sometimes grow in my shower if I don't spray it every day. COMPLETELY DISGUSTING.
  55. I am very ticklish.
  56. I recently began the application process for a job at the U.N. Then I came to my senses.
  57. I'm trying to be better at sex. Mostly, it just makes me tired thinking about it.
  58. I identify strongly with Hillary Clinton's (latest) view on abortion.
  59. Someday I plan on starting my own communications consulting business from home.
  60. I secretly want to have another baby.
  61. I know how to ride a horse, Western style.
  62. I was born in Oklahoma City, and the same nurse that helped birth me helped birth my brother 22 months later.
  63. My great-grandfather ran in the Oklahoma land run, and pulled up the only stake in the county that struck oil.
  64. I wish I could blog more about politics.
  65. I hate crying at work, but I've done it more than once.
  66. I lost my virginity on a whim, and have never regretted it.
  67. My high school friends and I still keep in touch, and though it's not often, we'd all be there in a heartbeat if someone needed us.
  68. My maternal grandparents divorced when I was eleven.
  69. I don't trust women who are too pretty and thin.
  70. Though I am not a celebrity-focused person AT ALL, I am FASCINATED by Jessica Simpson, and probably have a girl crush on her. As long as I can't hear her talking.
  71. I have had two lesbian experiences in my life.
  72. I never wear jewelry, except for my wedding ring.
  73. I don't let my kids eat candy, unless their grandparents give it to them, and then only on holidays.
  74. My husband and I are the best parents we know.
  75. I miss my mom, who lives in Nashville.
  76. I would move to San Antonio in a heartbeat if I could.
  77. I dream about my family in Oklahoma regularly, even though I only lived there the first three years of my life.
  78. I had an affair when I was stationed in Korea, and regret it daily.
  79. I have a hard time spending more than $25 on shoes, even though I love shoes.
  80. I love cookbooks like I love shoes.
  81. I can touch my tongue to my nose.
  82. My favorite animal is the elephant.
  83. The best feeling in the world is having a baby fall asleep on you.
  84. I can't sleep if the bathroom or closet doors are open.
  85. I don't garden.
  86. I have terrible fall allergies that almost make me drive off the road with sneezing every year.
  87. I think Panera Bread Co. coffee is better than Starbucks.
  88. I wrote a long, detailed (read: crazy) letter to Panera requesting that they bring back the Peanut Butter Banana bagel.
  89. Only two of my in-laws have a job.
  90. For the most part, I grew up in St. Louis, MO.
  91. Junior High was the worst time of my life, followed closely by the affair in Korea.
  92. My husband can fix anything, but can't pay a bill to save his life.
  93. I cannot not talk to my husband when we've had a fight.
  94. I get up at 5 am nearly every day to work out, so that I have enough time to help my husband with the kids.
  95. I once volunteered for the Million Mom March.
  96. Twice a year I go to a cabin "up north" for Girls Weekend, which is one of the best things about my life.
  97. I hate to gamble.
  98. Spending money on pajamas seems frivolous to me.
  99. I do all the laundry, and most of the dishes.
  100. I wish I could read books like I did when I was a kid.

Whew! That was theraputic. Now I've made sure there's no way in hell I can ever reveal this site to anyone I know...

6 Comments:

Blogger Bunty said...

yes u r right !!! u shouldn't reveal this site to anybody.

(your tongue touches ur nose !!! wow, that's a hell of a tongue)

Wed Apr 06, 11:06:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Mo said...

I want my blog to be like yours, when it grows up!! (FYI - I'm stealing this idea "100 things about me" for myself!!)

Fri Apr 08, 07:12:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello
That was useful info...thanks and Welcome to live chat hot babe chat. If you search the aldactone? Click here - aldactone
Enjoy

Wed Feb 07, 06:02:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Alone on Valentine's Day? Adult Live Chat & movie pages Try to find partner in your area!
for fun

Wed Feb 14, 10:42:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Use these helpful search engines TFO search & sex and try to find all you need in your area!
for fun

Mon Feb 19, 08:11:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For Greetings give sweets!
All have other problems... Many have a health... But, unless probably to refuse a female body?
Welcome to sexy teens | movie pages | picture pages | webcam movie | adult friend finder.
Here pages devoted to health are published.
It is the large search robot, which can help to receive this or that information and as to get this or that goods!
Tramadol | Phentermine | Buy Xanax | Xanax and all that is necessary.
See you soon!

Sun Apr 08, 02:01:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home