Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Apparently, someone thinks I'm interesting. Believe it or not, logging on to a site you consider the best content on the web and seeing your writing is similar to the feeling of having the cutest boy in the neighborhood asking you to come out and play kick the can when you were in junior high. It makes you want jump up and hug 'em to your breast while planning your children's names, but instead, you gotta act all cool. Um, sure. That'd be okay, I guess

I guess if I can blame pregnancy on lack of emotional resources, my husband can blame the heat on the magnification of his emotional resources. BUT JUST THIS ONCE. He's like a polar bear in Argentina in the heat. Sweat coats his face and arms like shellac. Little pieces of dirt and lint stick to him. His pores expand to the size of potholes and he lays face down on the carpet and moans. And that's just when the temperature hits 75 degrees.

We had a healthy yelling match over the work incident in the basement while I folded hot clothes from the dryer, then made up and went out for gyros. Greek food always makes everything better. He even refilled his Prozac prescription on the way to the Pita House. I stayed in the car with my daughter and sang at the top of my lungs to her kids music tape, which was playing a stirring rendition of "Buffalo Gals Won't You Come Out Tonight."

Now, here I'm going to put myself in the proverbial pot for a moment and ask all you smarmy geniuses out there for some help. I'd like to think I can figure out all web applications if I just Google the right set of words. But for the life of me I can't figure out how this damn Blogger thing works, other than just typing in entries.

How can I post my email address, or a list of most admired links? Do I need to pay for this paltry privilage? How the HELL do I find out how many of you are actually reading this, looking for info to add to your SPAM lists? I've tried the FAQ on the Blogger homepage, but the link just shoots me out into a black hole of nothingness. I wait, because I really want to find out the answers to these questions, but just more nothingness. (Ha! I feel like an old blog hag - I'm complaining about Blogger!) Email me at jrw21@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance for your acerbic remarks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home