Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Tomorrow is my first doctor's appointment. Actually, I think I'll just be meeting with a nurse who will give me a blood test to make sure I'm really pregnant. I'm not sure what to expect - maybe just the usual counseling on not boozing it up or playing the Harry Houidini "hit-me-as-hard-as-you-can-in-the-stomach" game.

I'm feeling okay, maybe a little nervous about the possibility of miscarriage. I didn't realize how common it was - one in five pregnancies end in miscarriage. I'm only 6 weeks along, and it looks like most pregnancies that end in m/c end around the 10th or 12th week.

Other than that, I've been a little uncomfortable with funny smells and food. Stopped all my coffee consumption cold turkey - just doesn't sound good to me anymore. Oh, and I've been extremely irritable. I actually yelled at Joseph for doing the laundry.

If you want to get a play-by-play commentary of what's probably going on in my uterus right now, check out this pregnancy calendar from parentsplace.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home