Saturday, June 21, 2003

Today is the most beautiful summer day. I go outside, look up into the blue, and just want to float up into that pure azure sleepiness. The breeze drifts thruogh my bare arms and under my toes, and I forget that there was ever such a thing as winter. I smile at as my daughter tells me to jump on the sidewalk - er, the boat - lest I get "wet."

The life that's rolling and swimming in my belly can feel summer, too. I don't know if its a boy or a girl, but I secretly hope that there's two of them. I feel like wanting twins is a little bit like a little girl wanting a pony - realistically, it would be a ton more trouble and sweat and hard feelings than I can even imagine, but guess that's still the little girl that's left in me. Wouldn't mind a pony either, to tell you the truth. Okay, a horse.

I'm tired a lot. Tired and sick, in that order. I don't get as tired at work for some reason. Must be all the gamma rays from the monitor keeping me going. Or maybe being at work is just less stressful than being at home. Between my golden retriever, Abe, who is always wiping his wet, snotty/muddy nose on any bare skin he can find, and my daughter, with her non-stop, nonsensical questions, and Joe, with his hot, stifling headaches and other injuries. Yep. I think work is definetly less stressfull.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home