Monday, June 16, 2003

I feel terrible today. Summer has finally come to Michigan, which is great, except it makes for very hot sleeping weather. I had Joe put in the wall unit in our room last night, and it was so loud I just couldn't relax. I think I slept maybe 20 minutes last night. Maybe tonight I'll sleep downstairs.

This morning I had to be out of the house before 6 am for an interview for the company newsletter I edit. Actually, getting up early felt pretty good. But by 8 am I was dragging, feeling nauseous and wanting to go back to bed. Then as I was checking my email I saw the confirmation message that the Father's Day e-card I picked out had been sent to my dad. I then realized that in my haste to be totally prepared for my early morning last night, I forgot to call my dad. *ACK* What kind of daughter am I?

Yesterday was spent lounging around Joe's Aunt Patti & Uncle John's giant yard out in the country, watching the dogs play. Aunt Patti has cancer, and it's decimating her. Her face was all purple and yellow and gaunt from bruising which I was too "polite" to ask about. It scared my daughter terribly, even though we prepared her before hand. I think she finally got used to it as everyone else was loving and treated Patti with respect.

My daughter also helped me bake quite a bit this weekend. We made blueberry upside down cake (delicious with vanilla ice cream - tasted just like summer!) and banana chocolate chip bars - she smashed the bananas. She also helped scrub potatoes for a pot roast that's simmering in the crock pot as we speak. She then turned her energy on some dirty pans, asking if she could help do dishes next time I did them. I got a picture for posterity's sake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home